Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Image Spotlight - "Rainbow Trout"

As a freelance illustrator I specialize in traditional and digital cut paper collage for the children's market. The Rainbow Trout is a personal piece I recently created in an effort to play with a new technique that involves working with overlays and watercolor washes.  For this piece I created washes of watercolor on illustration board and scanned them in to Photoshop. Then I placed a hand-drawn sketch in Photoshop and built up each element of the drawing in layers with textured clipping masks. To create the transparency in the rainbow water I used overlays and varying opacities for each color.
 This process allows me to easily adjust colors, compositions, and textures within my illustrations towards the end of a piece's development.  I have used this process while working for clients such as National Geographic Kids Magazine, Kids Can Press (Schools Days Around the World, Spring 2015), and World Book Encyclopedia.
 
Find Alice Feagan:
Personal website
That's My Folio
Twitter
LinkedIn

No comments:

Post a Comment